What should I do if I am injured in an accident?

Being involved in an accident can be confusing and involve some degree of shock. If possible, do the following:

  • Call the police.
  • Get insurance information from the other driver.
  • Take photographs of the scene and damage to vehicles.
  • Talk to any witnesses and get their contact information.
  • See a doctor.
  • Call the Rode Law Firm for a free consultation.

Of course, safety is always the most important consideration when taking photographs of the scene and vehicles, but this evidence can often be vital to your claim. In addition, it is not uncommon to feel “fine” after an accident because your adrenaline is working overtime and may cover up the pain from the trauma. That’s why it is important to get checked out medically even if you think your injuries are minor or you think you have no injuries. The above steps are a great start to getting on your Road to Recovery.

How hard is it to get the Rode Law Firm to work for me?

It’s very simple. Contact us now for a free consultation. You can call us at (918) 599-8880 or fill out our online form. After you have discussed your case with one of our accident attorneys, all you need to do is fill out a bit of paperwork, and we can start working on the case for you right away.

How much does it cost to hire an attorney?

There is no upfront cost to you for hiring an attorney at the Rode Law Firm. We don’t charge a fee unless we are successful in obtaining a financial recovery for you.

What will you do for us?

We will work for you to achieve the best possible outcome in your case. Our experienced attorneys will be by your side every step of the way, aggressively representing your best interests. We will work with the insurance companies and the opposing attorneys to achieve a fair settlement, all while making preparations to take your case to trial if necessary. We know how to prepare, package and present your case in order to maximize the compensation you are able to recover. If an insurance company is unwilling to settle your case for a fair amount, our thorough preparation gives us the ammunition we need to take an aggressive approach toward filing suit and pushing your case through private mediation and trial.

Our experience has shown that effective trial lawyers get better settlements for their clients. At the Rode Law Firm, we also keep you informed about the status of your case throughout the process as we go forward. Client communication is important to us, and we encourage clients to call us for an update every three weeks.

Am I entitled to compensation?

Personal injury victims are entitled to monetary compensation for certain damages that are the result of the negligence of another driver. Call the Rode Law Firm for a free consultation on your case and what damages you may be entitled to recover.

How long does it take to settle my claim?

Unfortunately, there is no “set time” for a claim to be finalized. All cases are different and depend on the injuries involved, the necessary treatment, and the insurance company’s negotiations. In most cases, negotiating a fair settlement with the insurance company begins after you are finished treating and can be accomplished in a relatively short time frame. If litigation is necessary, this can extend the resolution of your case.

Will I have to go to court?

Most personal injury cases settle with the insurance company for the negligent driver without having to go to trial. However, at the Rode Law Firm, we will advise you on your rights and our experience on whether the insurance company is offering you a fair settlement for your claim, and if not, we will recommend that you allow us to file suit on your behalf. While most cases settle through skilled negotiation, the attorneys at the Rode Law Firm are experienced trial attorneys and are not afraid to stand up for your rights in court.

Does your firm handle trucking cases?

Yes. The truck accident attorneys at the Rode Law Firm have many years of experience representing victims of serious heavy truck wrecks. We have handled a wide variety of truck and commercial vehicle accidents, including collisions that involved 18-wheelers, local delivery trucks, rental vans (U-Haul trucks, for example) and more. Trucking accidents are usually much more complex than those involving other passenger vehicles. That’s why it’s very important for you to talk to a qualified Tulsa attorney who understands the laws that regulate trucking and knows how to make sure you get all of the compensation you deserve. The personal injury lawyers at the Rode Law Firm have a history of success when it comes to representing people who have been injured in wrecks caused by negligent truckers or trucking companies. Let us put our experience to work for you.

We got hit by an out-of-state truck. Can you handle it here in Oklahoma?

Yes. Our attorneys have significant experience representing people who were injured by negligently operated trucks from other states. Oklahoma lies at the crossroads of many important nationwide trucking routes, meaning that lots of tractor trailers and other trucks from all over the country use our roads. If your accident happened in Oklahoma, you can sue the negligent parties (the trucking company, the driver, etc.) here, and the attorneys at the Rode Law Firm can help you recover the full value of the compensation you deserve.

I was in a wreck with a truck in another state, but I live in Oklahoma. Can you handle the case?

Yes. The experienced truck accident attorneys at the Rode Law Firm can represent you even if your accident happened outside of Oklahoma. We have handled a number of out-of-state trucking accidents with positive results, and we can help you too.

Who do I sue – the trucking company or the subsidiary?

In many situations, Oklahoma law allows accident victims to recover damages from both the trucking company and the subsidiary or wholly-owned division. Some companies try to shield their assets by creating a bewildering maze of subsidiaries and corporate entities. The trucking accident lawyers at the Rode Law Firm are skilled at untangling these corporate webs in order to make sure our clients get the recoveries they deserve.

Can I sue the trucker and the trucking company?

It often makes sense to sue both the truck driver and the trucking company. A legal theory called “respondeat superior” makes it clear that employers can be held liable for the negligence of their employees in almost all situations. If the trucker was negligent in the accident, you can also file suit against the driver as an individual, allowing you to access any insurance coverage that the driver might carry. Independent contractors put another wrinkle in trucking accident lawsuits. In an effort to shirk responsibility, some trucking companies will try to claim that their driver was not an employee, but rather was an independent contractor. However, the truck accident lawyers at the Rode Law Firm know how to prevent liable companies from hiding behind such tricky definitions. Our experienced truck accident attorneys are committed to helping you recover the full compensation you deserve from all responsible parties.

Were You Hurt In An Oklahoma Trucking Accident? You’ve Reached The Right Law Firm

The Rode Law Firm has handled truck accident injury claims for more than 30 years. We know how to prepare these cases for settlement or trial, and it’s easy to get us started on your case. Just answer a few questions by phone and complete a small amount of paperwork. We’ll promptly begin working on your claim. There is no fee unless we successfully recover for you in your case.

Call the Rode Law Firm and get on your Road to Recovery.

For a no-cost case evaluation, call (918) 599-8880 or fill out our online form.