The tragedy of losing a loved one is often made worse when the death was caused by the wrongful conduct of another person. Although no monetary damages will replace the companionship of your loved one, if your loss occurred because of the negligent conduct of another, you are entitled to compensation for your loss under the law. The wrongful death attorneys at The Rode Law Firm understand the legalities of a wrongful death case and can help you through the legal process during this difficult time.
People and legal entities owe a duty of care to others based on what is reasonable under the circumstances. In legal terms, failing to exercise that care is called “negligence,” and a person or entity found negligent are legally responsible for the harms and losses caused by their action or their inaction.
Many types of so called “accidents” are actions contrary to how a reasonable person would have acted under the same or similar circumstances or failures to act as a reasonable person would under the same or similar circumstances. These fateful events can result from:
- Automobile “accidents” caused by a drunk driver
- Construction “accidents” resulting from poorly maintained equipment
- Driving at excessive or unsafe speeds
- Failing to recognize a motorcyclist’s right of way
- Failing to give right of way to a pedestrian in a crosswalk
- Failing to recognize a bicyclist’s right of way
- Failure to stop in an assured clear distance from another vehicle
- Failure to keep a proper look out
- And many other “accidents” that could have been prevented if someone had exercised proper care under the circumstances
When the failure to exercise due care, or an intentional act, results in the death of another, the family of the victim may seek wrongful death compensation. Although money will never replace a lost parent, spouse, sibling or child, compensation may include monetary damages for medical expenses, funeral expenses, lost income, lost benefits and loss of companionship.
The Rode Law Firm attorneys have more than 50 years of combined experience representing the families of wrongful death victims.
Call the Rode Law Firm and get on your Road to Recovery.
Call 918-599-8880 for a FREE Consultation with an Attorney.